Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm Not Making This Up

At 7:30 p.m. CST, on Thursday, November 17, 2005, FEMA called my land line telephone. They wanted to know if I need a trailer to live in.

Now, I'm not a very smart guy. However, my thinking is this: Many phones in metro New Orleans are not working. Or, even if they are working, no one is there yet.

If I'm answering my home phone on a cold night in New Orleans, there is an almost 100 percent likelihood that I do not need a trailer to live in. I'M IN MY HOUSE!

I politely told the very professional-sounding woman that I was in my house (obviously?), and I urged her to use the trailers for people who really need them because we desperately need New Orleanians back in New Orleans.

Am I missing something here?

I can't wait until the successful resurrection of New Orleans bubbles over into a FEMA that works well for the rest of the nation.

2 comments:

dillyberto said...

What is our problem with Rep. Jefferson?

Why won't he get up with Baker and his bill?

Please advise on this fear of 'gentrification'?

Shouldn't we be aiming at 'Gentillification'?

humidhaney said...

My mom got caled also and had the same reaction. It made her cry it was so pathetic.