Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Positive Sign about Mail?

Before the storm, I could mail a Netflix DVD at the post office downtown at 8 p.m., and get an email at 9 a.m. THE NEXT morning that they had received it in Baton Rouge. This always amazed me.

Needless to say, that changed once I reestablished my Netflix thing after returning.

However, yesterday, I mailed two Netflix DVD at the Louisiana Ave. post office around lunchtime. THIS MORNING at 9 a.m. I got an email that they received one of them in Baton Rouge.

Maybe things are starting to improve. (The New Yorker told me today, however, that there is still a hold on magazines for our ZIP codes.)

P. S. Netflix is the greatest company in the world. A few days after Katrina, I got an email saying they had stopped my account and given me a CREDIT for the current month. Awesome.

2 comments:

oyster said...

Got the same email, and was similarly impressed.

Editor B said...

Props to Netflix. They did right by me too.