Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Solid ABIEMO Candidate

Laureen Lentz does a great service for those of us in District B by interviewing Quentin Brown. I saw Mr. Brown on the televised debate for the Alliance for Good Government. When asked what he thought the number one problem facing New Orleans right now, he held up a handwritten (in Sharpie) piece of paper that said, "No B-S No More."

I'm going to find it very difficult to vote against the guy. I'm thinking about organizing a block party or something for him. He promises to tell it like it is.

I'm putting together a nice slate of candidates in my head that runs the full gamut--Quentin Brown as my City Council rep, Arnie Fielkow as my at-large rep, and Virginia Boulet as mayor. I haven't made any final decisions, but if we really are a diverse city, why shouldn't our city government reflect who we are?

3 comments:

Big__Shot said...

Mr. Clio,

I saw you at the Mardi Gras wearing your FDL and you were kind enough to take a picture with me. I was wearing a Rickey Jackson apron. Anyway, we got the pictures developed and my wife loved the photo so much she framed it and put it on the wall for all our Boston friends to see. Thanks Mr. C and good luck with electing the best ABIEMO candidates.

oyster said...

Virginia Boulet has a fine platform. I'd love to see her do surprisingly well.

ashley said...

Tell me more about Ms. Boulet. I've read her website, and she does talk a fine game, but 2 things that worry me are:

1) never elected to office, although this isn't a deal breaker by any means, it just means that she will have to make new friends quickly.

2) I don't see how being an attorney qualifies one to run for office...although being a drama major or a zookeeper or the cable guy isn't the ideal background either.