Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"We Rollin', Y'all!"


I like the emphasis that the state's new TV ads places on "Thanks." Our fellow citizens (of America and the World) have displayed person-to-person and group-to-group acts of generosity and even sacrifice that have been truly overwhelming.

This ad made me feel great about our future. It also inspires me to say "Thanks" to folks in more ways than just asking them to come and spend money in our state. How should we thank those goodhearted folks who have helped us out?

5 comments:

ashley said...

I like it.

However, I think that Mr. Brigtsen or Ms. Spicer or Mr. Prudhomme would have been far, far, far, far preferable to Mr. Lagasse. Far.

And where wuz Kermit?

Mr. Clio said...

Spicer's in the TV ad, but she doesn't get the attention she deserves--you're right abou that.

oyster said...

Then again, these ads aren't designed to appeal to locals.

Quick question: mebbe I missed somepin over da past few years, but when did John Goodman start drivin' streetcars?

jeffrey said...

Blech! Quit taking pictures with movie stars and put the freaking streetcars back on the line! Buses are too fast and frighten me. I miss the days when public transportation between Jackson Ave and Canal St moved slightly slower than a leisurely stroll.

ashley said...

Natch, after I posted this, I played the ad again and saw Spicer. D'oh!

But Chef Paul has been a better ambassador the past 6 months than Mr. "Did they want me to wear boots and pull boats around?”

And I just LOVE that pic of Toussaint!