Thursday, April 13, 2006
World Class Improvements in a World Class City
Things that are better now in New Orleans than they were before Katrina and the Manmade Flood (feel free to add or correct in comments):
1. The Bud's Broiler on Calhoun.
2. The New Orleans Arena.
3. The New Orleans Saints' Starting Quarterback.
4. Most Sections of St. Charles Avenue are cleaner than ever before.
5. I know my neighbors better.
6. Taqueria Corona on Magazine Street.
7. Abita Beer.
8. The choices we have for mayor of New Orleans.
9. Our awareness of just how incompetent and cynically neglectful our federal government is. Sinn Fein. The truth has set us free.
10. My roof.
11. The Winn Dixie on Tchoupitoulas (also cleaner than ever before).
12. School choice in Orleans Parish.
13. Hubig's Pies. (I think they cleaned the equipment or something.)
14. Chef Leah Chase's stove. (Check that link. It shows why we are who we are, why this place will still be kicking thousands of years from now.)
NOTE: I look forward to the day when I can add things like our flood protection, the wetlands surrounding us, public transportation, bike paths, and high-tech industry.