Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Citizen of the World Class City

Mrs. Berto, wife of Berto, gave birth earlier today to Lil Berto.

Lil Berto will refer to me as Uncle Clio or Uncle Dilly, as he chooses.

You already know, of course, that Lil Berto will leave the hospital on Thursday wearing a black and gold, fleur-de-lis emblazoned onesie, with black and gold socks. No word yet on what Berto will be wearing. Perhaps a jumpsuit.

So as not to scare young Lil Berto, I will refrain for now from wearing my fine, foam rubber, Crescent City Classic winning (well, almost) Fleur de Lis get-up. Maybe I'll wait till he's 18 months or so.

Please head to Our New Orleans Saints (The Black and Gold Bike Patrol), to offer congratulations.

2 comments:

ashley said...

I can see it now: in the fall of 2029, Rey Morris hits the long bomb to Berto Jr. to clinch the New Orleans Saints first perfect season.

Of course, I did have to go back and type in "New Orleans" in front of "Saints" just to reassure myself.

LatinTeacher said...

Way to go Berto!!!