Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dillard on a World Class Calendar

So Dillard University has now decided to begin its academic year on September 25, when the bulk of the hurricane season is finished.

Gee, I wonder where they got that idea?

Okay, I know I can't claim ownership over the notion of having our academic year reflect our geographic and climatological realities, but I am certainly glad to see Dillard taking an outside-the-box approach. That is leadership. Yes, it's not a huge issue, but that's evidence of flexibility and creativity.

Too bad other institutions seem to love life inside the box.

4 comments:

ashley said...

You da man!

Anonymous said...

i agree!

Editor B said...

Yeah, I wish one other institution would follow its rival's lead.

Mr. Melpomene said...

Clio,
I said it was an elegant solution, you should be commended. But it is even more heartening to see that common sense solutions are being implemented. Progress!

MM