Thursday, September 21, 2006

Crammed Schedule, Plus Stepping Back a Bit from Moving Forward

1. The schedule for Monday evening is too jammed. I'm getting confused.

First, I want to get a bloody double at Fat Harry's.

Then, I want to eat some chicken with Humid Haney.

HOWEVER, WDSU is sponsoring a concert at Poydras and Loyola starting at 4 p.m. Cowboy Mouth is on the slate.

Also, from 5 to 6 at the same site, WDSU is sponsoring a best-dressed Saints fan contest. Winner gets a Reggie Bush game-worn jersey. Lee de Fleur feels that he would be a prime contestant.

Now, Superdome officials are recommending that we all arrive at the game at 5:30 p.m.

This doesn't add up. Gotta figger this out.

2. I want to back down just a little from my moving forward rants. I've grown to hate that phrase because I associate it with several people I hear or know who say it without knowing what they're doing. However, I've noticed that some people whom I like and respect use it too. And when they use it, they do know what they're talking about. The phrase has entered the language for now. Using the phrase "moving forward" does not make one an idiot. Actually, here's a public call to Ashley: could you work out one of your excellent Venn diagrams on this? I'm sure you could represent this really well, combining it with "People who have a clue," "People with THANKS HOUSTON bumper stickers" etc. Bottom line: to any of my friends who read this and who say "moving forward," please know that you can use it at will around me. I'll still respect you in the morning.

2 comments:

Gweyn said...

WHO DAT!
GOtta have Faith!

ashley said...

I'm working on the Venn Diagram..but today is a holiday.