Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Costume for All Hallows' Eve



In support of Ashley's post on things overheard this weekend at the Dome, I post the above picture.

Please note the beverage that this well-known fast food mascot is consuming. I can confirm that he did indeed flip off a denizen of the Dome Terrace who told him, "I'm going to Wendy's!!"


Please note the excessive number of empty seats in the Club Level of the Dome. This was at a point in the game when the Saints could've easily come back. As Berto writes, people who use tickets that their company or brother-in-law gave them tend not to stay long.

Possibly my favorite moment of the game that didn't involve Michael Lewis came at halftime. The Saints were down 28-7 and had just given up a cheap touchdown. The negative boobirds made a weak attempt at their old trick of booing them off the field. The cheers quickly came and drowned them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raiders QB Aaron Brooks, who has been out since Week 2 with a strained pectoral muscle, is expected to return to practice Wednesday. Brooks said he doesn't have his arm strength back and doesn't know when he'll be able to play in a game. "Right now, Andrew is the quarterback," Shell said. "Aaron has to do a lot to show me he's ready to play. It's not that you come out, 'OK, I'm ready to go.' I have to see it."

saintseester said...

That BK guy creeps me out. Partly because he resembles my dad. But not in a warm fuzzy memory way, a just plain creepy exaggerated way. Shudder.