Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mr. Clio Down for the Count (for now)

Been in bed for awhile with 102 fever.

Perhaps it's a reaction to my lunch with a guy in Chicago on Monday, at which he suggested that much of New Orleans be plowed under and turned into a park. As a professional, I did not react violently. Now I wish I had.

P. S. I'm not worthy to appear in a Suspect Device cartoon, but I did. Here. (click on "the usual spot.") With the cartoon's appearance in Gambit on Sunday, I started getting calls. What a kick!

5 comments:

ashley said...

Chicago, eh?

Tell me the vic's name. I know a guy who knows a guy.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should have done that to Chicago after that fire in 1871?

--eric

mchebert said...

Tell Mr. Chicago he won't be getting his shipment of heating oil in a couple of months.

Besides, what kind of music will they have to listen to in Chicago when they can't steal musicians from the lower Mississippi flood plain any more? Polka, anyone?

ashley said...

I need to send you and Dambala to FYYFF finishing school.

Mr. Clio said...

Thanks, gents, for the encouragement. I will sign up the workshop when you stage it, sir ashley.

mc: I pointed out gently to the bloke that our port isn't going anywhere--it HAS to be there--and that the oil industry has to be serviced. He didn't seem impressed.

I think he's a Hastertite.