Tuesday, October 10, 2006

They'd be Amassing Outside the Copeland Estate


I read in National Geographic yesterday that there were 9 billion chickens harvested (?) in the United States last year, along with 250 million turkeys.

That's a lot of birds.

Imagine if they organized. There would be roughly 30 chickens and one turkey for each man, woman, and child in the United States. I guess the turkey would be the leader of each little bad-ass flock.

I'm not sure if I could take on 30 chickens alone, and I'm sure my youngest children couldn't.

6 comments:

Mr. Mathman said...

I heard there was a grassroots effort in MS to get the chickens organized, but they ate the grass and the whole idea went the way of the hoola hoop.

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

One day the cows and the chickens and the turkeys will take over. They have been planning it for years. Be very afraid.

LatinTeacher said...

Do you think it would be an aerial attack? That could be funny and horrifying. Not with the cows, though. That would be just ridiculous.

ashley said...

I can eat 50 eggs.

And as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Mr. Clio said...

Anybody who quotes Arthur Carlson is okay in my book.

saintseester said...

THAT was one of the funniest all-time episodes of TV.