Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Everything I Need to Know, I Learned from Colbert

First, Stephen Colbert used the Saints' proximity to the Super Bowl to do some brilliant stuff tonight. Hopefully it will show up on Youtube.

But the really important thing I learned from Colbert tonight was the story of St. Corbinian.
He and I are not making this up. SAINT Corbinian was known for taming a bear.

This is even better: "He lived in Châtres on the road to Orléans . . ."

His symbol is a saddled bear. Please note that the crest of the current pope, Benedict XVI, includes "Corbinian's Bear."

Thank you, Mr. Colbert.

Coming tomorrow: Part II of "I'm not making this up." It's even better.

UPDATE: The Librarian has found the Colbert link.

5 comments:

GentillyGirl said...

I will be featuring a dirty Bear Gumbo Sunday during the game.

Come and dine on dead bear that afternoon.

GentillyGirl said...

It's at the Starlight By the Park on Rampart at Dumaine.

Michelle said...

I think it is on YouTube. I saw a picture of Colbert with a bear somewhere online, but didn't realize what it was in reference to. Gotta go check now . . .

scout said...

That was some great stuff.

I doubt it will be on YouTube as they no longer allow uploads of Comedy Central videos.

Varg said...

Uh, that's the coolest thing I've read all day. Cooler than Angelina Jolie hanging out at the Abbey without Brad Pitt.