Saturday, January 13, 2007

Prediction of Sorts

The Times-Picayune does a great job today by remembering the last time the Saints played the Eagles in the playoffs. The article focuses on Bobby Hebert, but also mentioned are Rickey Jackson and the dominating Saints defense of that time.

At the game today, I'll be thinking about Rickey Jackson, Vaughn Johnson, Sam Mills, and Pat Swilling, one of the greatest linebacking corps in the history of the NFL. Those gentlemen were the starting Pro Bowl linebackers one year--four golden helmets stretched in a line across the field in Hawaii.

Their excellence still permeates the Superdome. If Fujita and friends can play in that honorable tradition today, the Saints will win. I expect good things.

UPDATE: Four and one half hours till kickoff. I was just in Whole Food on Magazine, picking up a few things to tide over Dr. Mrs. Clio and the Clio kids during the game. (Clio III is coming with me to the Game.) Joe Krown was playing piano live with his group, and John Goodman was casually shopping (with no one bothering him, because we don't do that here). This is the way we live.

6 comments:

jeffrey said...

I'm having trouble with the idea that big sweaty football players can "perfume" something.

Mr. Clio said...

You're right, as you are often on anything that doesn't involve predicting the Saints' record. I changed it.

Seymour D. Fair said...

That Hebert article brought back bad memories. Of course I have been thinking about that game for the past week . . . . . Everytime I bring it up I get told to shut up.

20-7 lead beginning of the 4th quarter in that game . . .

Check out the invitation on my blog . Beer awaits.

LatinTeacher said...

You know how we live? (well, the people here, not me. I know better...) A guy and his buddy are hired by the bar to play 70s southern rock, sort of. And people love it. Ugh.

Isolate4Cash said...

There truly are so many great matchups this year, you gotta love it!






Sports Betting Guide - Use This Secret Technique To Cover 90% Of Your Wagers!

Anonymous said...

hebert had nothing but love for the 2007 saints from the deanies broadcast tonigght.

hebert 4 maayor.