Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Mardi Gras

1. From MM: Exile is a rotten place to be today.


2. From MC: It's in ya hawt, Mr. Mel. You're carrying it wit' ya wherever you are, and so you got it all over the people you'll be seeing it today.


3. Just remember this pic. The Jefferson City Buzzards begin a march not far from my house and end up in the Quarter. This ragtag bunch of male ne'er-do-wells bring Carnival irrelevance to everyone they encounter on their route. As Dilly (pictured left below with our friend Sean) says: "We do it because it must be done."
I rolled out of bed at 7:25 a.m. and went to get the T-P on my porch. And heard music. I hopped on my bike rode three blocks, and took this picture. That's Mardi Gras.

6 comments:

LatinTeacher said...

And one thing I try to think about each year - there's always next year. Next year the Buzzards are-a-callin'. Looks like too much fun for me to pass up.

Funky Monkey said...

Is that blood on his pants?

Mnemosyne, Mother of the Muses said...

Does Sean remember the photo?

TravelingMermaid said...

Hmmmm....wonder if a house-bound Mermaid could beg a JCB dubloon.....as one Saints fan to another???

Mr. Melpomene said...

Carnival revelery confined to a bottle of pink champagne with dinner (an excellent dinner, at a place a lot like the old Mike's on the Avenue). Not like days of old when you had a Budweiser from the Exxon at Lee Circle for Breakfast.

Brian Bordelon said...

Thankfully you took that picture early. Sean's wife called me around noon to see if they could wheel in another hospital bed in my room.