Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Huh?

The Saints are speaking with Mike Vanderjagt. Are they speaking to him about being our kicker, or about working at Parasol's?

The last thing a "liquored up" kicker needs is New Orleans. The last thing New Orleans needs is a liquored up kicker.

I'm not saying Carney is the be-all, but I'm not sure the guy who Parcells cut is our answer. I've seen him miss too many clutch kicks, and I've seen Carney make a lot of clutch kicks.

UPDATE: From the link above, see this comment from the kicker:
"I'm not a real big Colts fan right now, unfortunately. I just don't see us getting better. . . . Coach Dungy, he's just a mild-mannered guy. He doesn't get too excited, he doesn't get too down and I don't think that works, either. ... I think you need a motivator, I think you need a guy that is going to get in somebody's face when they're not performing well enough."
And now the Colts are Super Bowl champs, and didn't become champs until they got rid of this guy.

Does Payton really want the kind of guy who says this?

1 comment:

ashley said...

Parasol's wouldn't have him. I'm thinkng Deanie's. Hebert knows a guy.