Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Incompetence and Ensuing Insanity Just NEVER STOPS

So I learned from nola.com that the Army Corps of Engineers released official flood risk maps.

It is deeply troubling to me that when I click on the map for my sector of the city, our sector is called "CB, French Quarter, Garden District, Broadmoor, Fairgrounds/Mid-city."

Questions:

1. What is the "CB"? Would that be the Central Business District (CBD)?

2. What is "Mid-city"? Would that be Mid-City?

3. I'm confused: my neighborhood is not listed in the above list, yet it is included on the map of the sector. Do they think I live in the Garden District? I do not. Broadmoor. Wrong again. I live Uptown. This seems to be beyond the understanding of the Army Corps of Engineers.

I have no confidence in them. I have no confidence in the Texans and Iowans and Alaskans who are supposed to keep them accountable and to fire incompetent people there.

I am really losing it.

2 comments:

Leigh C. said...

I think it's the A.C. o'E.'s way of telling us there is no there there in all of NOLA. Misinformed bastard fuckmook asshats...

Ohh, Lordy, I'm sounding like AshMo.

saintseester said...

Darn. W was just here in my town. I shoulda flagged him down and had a chat with him. Only he might not have been able to see me, due to our protective redneck-deflecting bubble that sits over the Rocket City.