Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Lots of Good News in World Class New Orleans

1. Steve Gleason, who knows how to Defend New Orleans, got some nice coverage in the T-P today. I still haven't accepted that we won't see him on the field this year, but I'm happy he's doing his rehab in New Orleans. That's good news. Mr. Gleason seems quite committed to our city, and he definitely gets it. We Orleanians can sympathize with his words: "It's really frustrating to me because I feel like I committed all of my life to this effort." This is not unlike what we all feel sometimes about building the new New Orleans. However, there is a difference between frustration and despair. We can endure the former, and we will not indulge the latter. Send some kind thoughts and prayers toward Mr. Gleason and his mom, Gail, who has done her own part for our region. I hope she's close to finishing that Ph.D.

2. I want to thank Jim Letten and the FBI for protecting us (in particular, my children) from the scourge of drugs in St. Tammany Parish. I am optimistic that if they keep up this kind of work, we in Orleans and Jefferson can feel safer from the drug rings and meth factories that seem to plague the Northshore. We are not going to permit that kind of behavior in New Orleans from the kind of people who are running around up there. The good people of our city won't put up with that. (Recognize that kind of attitude, Jack Strain? Good for the gander and all that.)

3. Congratulations to the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans, for being named one of 19 cool hotels in the world--truly world class. The Ritz is the site of frequent gigs by Mister Armand St. Martin, a good friend of Dilly and Berto.

2 comments:

oyster said...

My fave is #2.

I enjoyed that so much, I had to read it twice. Nicely done!

ashley said...

Thank goodness we're safe from those thugs across the lake.

That Armand fellow is truly world class. Go listen to him tonight. Wait...he'll be somewhere else tonight. Heh heh heh.

And don't forget how to say hello to an opposing player the Steve Gleason way. A friend of mine has nicknamed that "The G37".