Friday, December 21, 2007

Self-Referential (or self-reverential)

For my post today, I am doing something that (I think) I've never done before: I'm quoting myself extensively.

In response to this brilliant post by Oyster, I commented as follows. This is pretty much what I have to say about the public housing issue addressed by the City Council yesterday.

Suffice it to say that after the vote yesterday, I am even prouder to be a New Orleanian from World Class New Orleans.

The "activists" (who seem more like "passivists" as in "passive-aggressivists") aren't interested in actual effective solutions.

They want the theater.

Looking for a good guy in this one is like looking for a good guy in the Contra/Sandinista thing in the Reagan years.

There are no good guys.

Stacy (Head) versus Tracie (Washington)?

Ugh.

None of the above.

The idiots (Vitter and the passive-aggressivists) have accomplished the impossible.

They have made the City Council look brilliant.



UPDATE: Adrastos really gets it right, and adds some historical/hysterical perspective.

2 comments:

daneeta loretta said...

Hey Chris,

Thought you might like this:

http://www.levees.tv/home

Ashley said...

Pretty much yep...

and making the Cynthias look brilliant is an achievement.