Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Did It

In celebration of my half-*ssed training effort, I ran the Mardi Gras Half Marathon today. I ran the whole way and posted a better time than I thought I might.

Our city looked completely AWESOME today. Poydras. Bourbon Street. Royal Street. St. Charles Avenue. Audubon Park. It was beautiful. I'm sure the second half of the race into Mid-City was just as beautiful.

The Superdome looks amazing when you are approaching the end of a 13-mile run. The beer tasted amazing too, but not as amazing as beer tasted at the playoff win over the Eagles.

Congrats to Arnie Fielkow, Sandy Shilstone, and the rest of the committee that ensured the race followed this absolutely beautiful route. (I didn't realize that the Mardi Gras Marathon was almost part of Family Gras this year.)

UPDATE: The race website is way cool. By yesterday evening, they had complete results posted. I finished 1132nd out of 2839 (sounds good), but 99th out of 169 runners in my division (I guess that would be the 40-something slow guy division--sounds not so good).

2 comments:

Leigh C. said...

Mazel tov!

oyster said...

Nicely done! What a fine day for a run.