Monday, February 11, 2008

Post from the West

Posting from Los Angeles, California.

1. World Class New Orleans got hit by the worst natural/human catastrophe in American history just 30 months ago, and yet we still didn't make this Forbes list of Most Miserable Cities. Sometimes, a sign of progress is the list we DON'T make. (That list doesn't even take into account how miserable it must be to live without inexpensive world class neighborhood joints like Liuzza's and Mandina's.)

2. Re: the Uptown New Orleans Chinese Spy Scandal. You never know what's going on in the house up the street. What I do know is that this comment at nola.com made me absolutely spit out my Coke:

A friend of mine connected to the case reported to me that they think the man may have also put pee-pee in some coke as some sort of chinese prank.

Now THAT is funny.

3. I'm with Randy Newman. I love L.A.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that last night, two rows ahead of me on my half-empty Southwest flight from Las Vegas to Burbank, was Flavor Flav. I really like Southwest, but I didn't realize it was the airline of choice for large-clock-wearing rap-a-delic guys.

3 comments:

angels, saints, and bears oh my said...

Wait...I gotta know. Was he actually wearing a huge clock around his neck?

Brian "Mr. Glitter" Bordelon said...

Your brother must be so jealous. That's his hero!

LatinTeacher said...

Phlliy is 5th!!! Yea for Philly!