Monday, March 10, 2008

This Seems a Bit Premature

The T-P shows us these ACOE maps indicating a radically reduced threat of flooding in the event of a 1 percent hurricane (is that the right way to say it, Tim?)

I don't know, but at this early stage, this map

reminds me of this picture:


I really hope the ACOE is right this time.

But I need some time to re-develop trust.

On a related note, the "Mission Accomplished" dollar-meter on the right-hand side of my blog crossed the $500 billion mark in the last couple of days.

1 comment:

mcbrid35 said...

Did no one notice that the 2007 maps show no flooding in much of Orleans east bank when the pumps are running?

If that's the case, then why are millions being spent on lakefront levees?

It just shows that these maps are useless without knowing the assumptions behind them. Either much of New Orleans doesn't need 100 year protection, because we've already got it, or the maps are garbage. Which is it?