Monday, April 28, 2008

The Black Gold Bike Patrol ("and" removed on purpose)

This is the bike rack outside Whole Foods on Magazine today. It used to be easy for me to find a parking spot for my bike when gas was $2.00 per gallon.

Not so easy now that gas is over $3.50 per gallon. It cost me $80 to fill the Cliomobile yesterday (a Siena van that is somewhat necessary when you are transporting a fam of 6).

You know, back in 2000, when President Bush was coronated (is that a word?) by part of the Supreme Court, I thought to myself--Well, I'm not optimistic, but at least he'll probably keep the budget balanced and figure out some kind of decent energy policy.

Dubya is awful because he's not even close to being good at things that Republicans are supposed to be good at.

I am glad that more people seem to be riding bikes. Imagine what Sundays before Saints games might look like this year.

1 comment:

Commish Gordon said...

The Cliomobile, eh?

That's the sleek golden conveyance that was soaring over Peters Ave. , no, Jefferson Ave.