Saturday, August 30, 2008
Envision Success, South Louisiana!
St. Ignatius Loyola: "Work as if all depended on you. Pray as if all depended on God."
So we are all making preparations, calmly, knowingly.
Let's pause and think about what we want to be thinking and feeling on Friday or Saturday:
1. We want to be grateful for the efficient and caring way in which our parish and state officials worked together with federal officials to oversee an evacuation and preparations that saved thousands of lives.
2. We want to relish stories we are telling to each other (and to our grandchildren in the future) about how we all took care of each other.
3. We want to take the first step toward trust of the Army Corps of Engineers, as we look back on how their flood protection improvements worked under difficult circumstances. We want that success to propel them to a world class long-term solution.
4. We want to be throwing everything we have at whomever gets hit the hardest: financial security, muscle, prayer, whatever it takes.
5. We want to be keeping a close eye on Hanna.
6. We want to be getting FIRED UP for the Sunday-in-the-Dome NOLA lovefest, Buccaneer beatdown.
P.S. I want to thank Dr. Jeff Masters, who moderated some of his previous silly comments today. He wasn't quite specific enough in correcting the errors to which he gave more life, but he did apologize. I am grateful for that--and still grateful for the Weather Underground.