Sunday, December 07, 2008

Nossiter Is Wrong Again

I've written before about Adam Nossiter of the New York Times. He ALMOST gets it right frequently, and I often appreciate his work. However, now I have lost patience with his work. He seems to write things that subtly encourage New Orleans to be the old New Orleans that allowed bad federal levees to exist and passively accepted poverty and racism.

Here's his take on Joe Cao's victory againt Bill Jefferson:
The upset victory by the lawyer, Anh Cao, was thought by analysts to be the result of a strong turnout by white voters angered over federal corruption charges against Mr. Jefferson, a black Democrat who was counting on a loyal base to return him to Congress for a 10th term.
I'm white.

I voted for Mr. Cao (and against my own Green Party).

Guess what? I'm not "angered."

I just want a congressman who is not on the take and who might get something done for our city in Congress.

Nossiter needs old New Orleans; he NEEDS angry whites and angry blacks. He needs simple, passive, slow Southerners. We're so quaint to him.

Why does he have to write stuff like this?

Without them, he wouldn't be able to write. He'd have nothing to think about nor say.

Let's not give Adam Nossiter anything to write about.

P.S. Congratulations to Mr. Cao. Get to work, because we will all be watching these next two years VERY carefully.

No comments: