Friday, September 11, 2009

I will get more and better work done today because of Steve Gleason

Why? Because he said all of this, but particularly this (in remembering the Greatest Play in Saints History):
So I remember that moment. And I remember thinking -- as I broke through the line -- that I wasn't going to get there. I was like: I don't think I'm going to make it. I don't think I'm going to make it. And then: I am going to make it! And I remember running through the end zone and dropping to my knees. I remember looking at the crowd and fully comprehending the magnitude of the moment. It was pure joy. And I thought: This is it. We're back.
I will also have a better day because Jeffrey wrote this, but I don't have time to riff on it right now.

2 comments:

bigshot said...

Perfect. The most memorable play in the most triumphunt sporting eveng in America's hisoty.

Chef Who Dat said...

I will get less and better work done today. Because it's a Saints Friday. And I've got a fleur-de-lis stuck so far up my ass I cannot move comfortably. This I know.